Tuesday 25 October 2022

UK/EI DX Contest SSB

This weekend I participated in the EK/EI Contest. The start was at 12UTC/21JST, at this time the path to Europe was already closed on 15/10m. 80/40m antennas are poor, so I participate in the DX Contest at SSB on the upper bands from 20m. 

I have the impression that 20m is less crowded these days, probably because the conditions on 15/10m are better. There were zero QSOs in the first half of the contest, but from around 07UTC/16JST, I started to get a few contacts on 10m. 

Still, I could hardly hear any Run stations, and while I could see some signals on the radio waterfall on 10m, I could hardly see anything on 15m. 

I had the impression that there was a path to Europe on 15m, so I started to Run, and European stations started to call me.

The 15m band was open, but I could hardly hear any stations on Run, so I continued the run and achieved 47 QSOs including UK/EI.

I enjoyed the UK/EI contest.

100W 15m5ele 10mHB9CV









44 QSOs on Running



No comments:

Post a Comment