Monday 10 October 2022

2022 Oceania DX contest Phone


Following last year, I participated in the Oceania DX Contest Phone.

Last year, I participated in the 21MHz LP and made about 150 QSOs and achieved a world record, so I felt good about it and challenged 28MHz this time.

The World Record of 28MHz LP was 60 QSOs. Then, I checked the participation status of 28MHz from Oceania by referring to the past logs and found that there were about 100 stations.

I started at 06UTC/15JST and my impression was that there were not many stations from Oceania, so I switched Run and S/P frequently and achieved my goal of 60 QSOs by evening.

The next morning, I started hearing Oceania stations around 21UTC/06JST. During this time, North America is open from ZL and VK, so activity in ZL and VK is high.

This is also the time for JA to increase the number of contacts with Oceania.

However, the Oceania stations are pointing their antennas to North America, so the antenna direction is a little off from Japan.

After 22UTC/07JST, we could hear from Japan to North America, even to the East Coast, so conditions must have been good.

After this time, stations in Oceania pointed their antennas toward Japan, and the conditions became even better, and the ZL and VK signals became stronger. In addition, the YB and DU signals will also begin to get stronger. This continued until 06UTC/15JST when the contest ended.

By the end of the contest, 200 QSOs had been made.

Location: Mt. Yayama 890m, Kumamoto

TS-480DAT 3ele Yagi

For your reference, here are the number of QSOs made by hour in Run and S/P, and by DXCC.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

JA6WFM 28MHz LP score




Compare Run(True) and S/P(False)

QSO by DXCC and Run or S/P






No comments:

Post a Comment