Thursday 17 August 2023

2023 WAE Contest CW

Participated in WAE Contest CW with single op low power. Since a typhoon was approaching just prior to my participation, I reviewed the 40/20/15/10 meter V rotary dipole system as a precautionary measure before taking down the antenna elevator.

The antenna review went well, and the horizontal placement of the V-shaped dipole resulted in an improvement in directivity, which was a bit broad. There was no SWR deterioration as a result of this.

The plan was to keep the 10m 6ele yagi and participate on 10m single band, but with limited time and number of stations open, I decided to participate on multiband since the conditions on 15/20m were good and the combination of 100W output and a dipole antenna was still viable for the run. I decided to participate in the multi-band event.

Since I was not planning to win any awards, I enjoyed the contest and the pileups despite the limited time.

As for the QTC, the logging software N1MM made it possible to send out the data smoothly and comfortably.

As a result, I ended up with 266 QTCs in 267 QSOs and only 1 QTC left.

IC-7610 40/20/15/10m RDP 10m6ele yagi and N1MM

























See you next contest


No comments:

Post a Comment